Our Draw tool enables you to draw on and add text to any 3D model and download a copy of the annotated image to your device.
Whether you want to point out a key anatomical structure, explain what is happening in a physiological process, or jot down a few helpful notes for a student, patient, or peer, the Draw tool is perfect for capturing your thoughts on the fly and referencing them later.
Where to find the Draw tool
The Draw tool is available in any 3D model or tour opened in our web and mobile apps.
First, click on the View or View Tour button on a 3D model's tile to open it in View mode.
Now, click on the blue menu button in the lower-right corner of the page and select Draw to get started!
The Draw tool is also enabled by default in all published 3D models. If you are interacting with a 3D model outside out of our web and mobile apps, click on the blue menu button in the lower-right corner of the Viewer. If you see Draw in the list, the Draw tool is enabled.
How to use the Draw tool
Launching the Draw tool automatically takes a 2D snapshot of your 3D model's current view. If you are unhappy with the view captured in your snapshot, exit the Draw tool, reposition your model, and select Draw from the menu again.
Whenever you are ready, click and drag to draw on the image, or switch to the text utility to add notes or labels to the image. To activate the text utility, take the following steps:
- Open the Menu in the lower-right corner of the Viewer and select Draw to open the Draw tool.
- Select the Text icon in the toolbar in the lower-right corner of the image.
- Select a different font size from the menu or click or tap anywhere to continue using the default font size (16px).
- Click or tap anywhere on the image to create a new text box.
- To overwrite the placeholder text within the text box:
- Web: With the text box still active, start typing.
- Mobile: Double-tap the text box and then type.
- To edit the text at any point once you've deselected the text box:
- Web: Click on the text box and start typing.
- Mobile: Double-tap the text box to reactivate it and start typing.
Within the Draw tool, you can also:
- Clear the image at any time using the Clear button in the toolbar.
- Change your brush size by clicking on the Brush button in the toolbar and selecting a new size.
- Change your brush or text color by clicking on the Color button in the toolbar and selecting a new color.
- Move a text box on the web by hovering over the text box until you see a pan icon and then clicking and dragging. On mobile, tap the top of the text box, hold, and drag.
- Resize a text box by clicking on or tapping any of the corners of the text box and then clicking and dragging. Note: This will only change the size of the text box, not the size of the text itself. To change the size of the text, select the text box and then the Text icon in the toolbar, and choose a new size.
- Delete a text box by clicking on or tapping the text box and clicking Delete on your keyboard.
- Download your drawing to your computer or mobile device by clicking on the Download button in the toolbar. All images are saved in png format to preserve image quality. Note: The Draw tool is completely mobile responsive, meaning all captured images will match the dimensions of your screen.
Please sign in to leave a comment.