The Human Library contains over 1,000 interactive, 3D models of human anatomy, physiology, health conditions, and procedures that are ready to be saved, published, and utilized right off the shelf. But Human Studio — a suite of powerful authoring tools within the BioDigital Human — turns those 1,000+ models into infinite possibilities.
Whether you are an educator, a healthcare provider, an editor, or a student the video tutorials below will teach you how to create an interactive, 3D learning experience that perfectly fits your objectives.
Still need to review the basics? Check out our other video tutorial series, Intro to the BioDigital Human.
How to customize 3D models in Human Studio
This video provides an overview of the capabilities of Human Studio, including creating a tour, using the Anatomy Tree, adding labels, applying paint and effects, and saving your customized model to My Library.
Chapters and timestamps (3:53 total)
- 00:00 - Searching for a model to customize
- 00:14 - Opening a model in Human Studio
- 00:31 - The Human Studio canvas
- 00:41 - 3D navigation tools
- 00:55 - The chapter panel
- 01:57 - The anatomy tree
- 02:43 - The Human Studio toolbar
- 02:57 - Customization panel
- 03:17 - Save & Publish
- Customize 3D models in Human Studio
- How to navigate in 3D space
- Keyboard shortcuts
- What is a tour?
- What is the Anatomy Tree?
- Using the Anatomy Tree to explore anatomy at different levels of detail
- Using the Anatomy Tree to search for specific anatomical structures
- Using the toolbar in Human Studio
- Publish a 3D model
How to create a tour in Human Studio
Chapters and timestamps (2:26 total)
- 00:00 - How to build a tour
- 00:11 - The chapter panel
- 00:30 - Setting the starting position
- 00:52 - Auto-capture starting position
- 01:03 - Adding a chapter by duplicating the previous chapter
- 01:20 - Adding a chapter by importing from the Human Library
- 01:30 - Best practice: tour length
- 01:41 - Navigating through chapters
- 01:49 - Reordering chapters
- What is a tour?
- Create a tour
- Edit a tour
- Add chapters to a tour
- Update my model's starting position
- Why do I need to update my model's starting position?
How to label 3D models in Human Studio
This video teaches you how to use labels in Human Studio, including how to add, edit, remove, and delete labels.
Chapters and timestamps (5:15 total)
- 00:00 - Label benefits
- 00:23 - Label functionality
- 00:36 - How to add a label
- 01:05 - Label pins
- 01:19 - Removing a label
- 01:29 - Entering the label title & description
- 01:35 - Adding label images
- 01:50 - Best practice: Label content
- 02:05 - Sequential label types
- 02:21 - Choosing label styles
- 03:06 - Determining the label actions
- 04:46 - Best practice: Label positioning
- How do labels work in the BioDigital Human?
- Add a new label to my model
- Edit a label in my model
- Reposition a label in my model
- Remove a label from my model
- Add 2D images to my model
How to paint 3D models in Human Studio
This video teaches you how to use the Paint tool in Human Studio, including how to use colors vs. effects and two different ways to apply paint to a given structure.
Chapters and timestamps (3:48 total)
- 00:00 - The benefits of using Paint
- 00:19 - Paint functionality
- 00:30 - How to paint a model
- 00:41 - Paint toolbar
- 01:14 - Paint effects
- 01:48 - Pro Tip: Remove fade effects
- 02:18 - Use the Anatomy Tree to paint
- 03:00 - Quickly paint using the "Select everything else" tool
- 03:15 - Custom paint effects
How to create a 3D quiz in Human Studio
This video teaches you how to create a 3D quiz in Human Studio. Learn about the different question types we offer (with examples); how to add, customize, remove, and preview quiz questions; and how to publish your completed quiz.
Chapters and timestamps (5:26 total)
- 00:00 - Planning your quiz
- 00:20 - Adding a quiz question
- 00:25 - Creating a multiple choice question
- 00:59 - Advanced options
- 01:04 - Creating custom question starting position
- 01:25 - Next button text
- 01:36 - Adding more questions
- 01:46 - Creating a Select Anatomy question
- 02:41 - Best practice: Select Anatomy question
- 02:51 - Create a Label Anatomy question
- 03:37 - Adding Instructions
- 03:49 - Preview quiz
- 03:58 - Remove a question
- 04:03 - Quiz settings
- 04:15 - Disabling an incomplete quiz in a published model
- 04:35 - Saving your work
- 04:39 - Publishing a quiz
- 04:43 - Quiz publishing settings
- Build a 3D quiz in Human Studio
- Add "Instructions" to my 3D quiz
- Create a "Multiple Choice" quiz question
- Create a "Label Anatomy" quiz question
- Create a "Select Anatomy in 3D" quiz question
- Understanding "view modes" for 3D quizzes
- How do I choose the right question type for my quiz?
- 3 ways to publish a 3D quiz
- Configure my quiz settings
Now that you know the basics, learn how to create best-in-class interactive, 3D learning experiences in Best practices for content creators.