The Instructions option in our Quiz Builder is not actually a question type, but rather an option you can select if you would like to provide instructions at the beginning of your quiz or more context between questions.
Insert "Instructions" into your 3D quiz
- Open your model or tour in the Quiz Builder.
- In the Quiz panel on the right side of your screen, click Add Question.
- Select Instructions from the drop-down menu.
- In the Text field, enter the instructions you would like to provide to your quiz takers.
You will find three additional options in the Advanced tab within the Quiz panel:
Custom Starting Position
If you would like the model to appear in a slightly different starting position when the learner is viewing these instructions, save a custom starting position by taking the following steps:
- Use your mouse, keyboard, or 3D controls to reposition the model as desired.
- When your model looks exactly how you want it to look when the learner enters these instructions, click the Mark Position button. This will save the current position as the new starting position.
Next Button Text
Customize the text that appears in the button that takes the learner to the next question. If you leave this field blank, this button will say, “Next Question.”
Show Chapter's Labels
All labels previously applied to the model in Label mode are automatically disabled as soon as you go into Quiz mode. However, you have the option to enable these labels to provide additional context for your quiz takers. Simply check the box next to "Show chapter's labels."
Once your instructions have been added, you can take any of the following steps: