Use the Pin Annotation tool to create customized, movable labels and descriptions that adapt to your needs.
Tip: Use the Pin Annotation tool to create customized quizzes by adding questions to different anatomy objects or regions. Great for teachers and study groups!
To add customized labels or "annotations" to your models:
- Go to the Edit Bar in the middle of your screen.
- Click on the Annotation Tools button and select Pin Annotation in the pop-up menu.
- "Drop a pin" by clicking on the object exactly where you want your customized label to point to.
- Move your mouse to where you want the label to sit and click to place it. A line will appear, along with a blinking text cursor.
- Type out your customized label.
- If you want to add a description, click beneath the label and start typing.
- When you're done, click anywhere on the screen to save it.
To save your annotated model, see How to save and share content.
NOTE: After you create an annotation, you can move it anytime you want by dragging it and dropping it somewhere new. However, you will not be able to move the pin (see step 3 above). Instead, you'll need to delete the annotation and create a new one. To delete an annotation, hover over the label until an "X" appears on the left side of the label. Click on the "X" to delete the annotation.
Also see our video tutorial Adding labels to a 3D model.