The BioDigital Human Platform consists of over 12,000 independently selectable, tagged, and labeled 3D models. The Platform contains not only detailed models of anatomy, but also views of over 1,000 health conditions. And this library is constantly growing! We add new content all the time, and our community contributes to the content library by labeling and saving their own models.
Use the Anatomy Explorer on the left side of the screen to explore all of the anatomy that makes up your current view. With the Anatomy Explorer, you can turn body systems on and off and drill into deeper levels of detail within each individual system.
When the Human first loads, the most popular systems are turned on by default. To turn on the other systems, click the on/off toggle button to the left of the system name.
To drill deeper into a system, click the arrow next to the toggle button. This will expand the menu, allowing you to explore the regions and objects that make up the system.
You can also use the Anatomy Explorer to search for a specific anatomy object in your current model. Click in the field where it says, Search [model name].
Now type your search term(s), and any objects or regions in the current model containing your search term(s) will appear below.
Once you're finished finding the anatomy you'd like to explore, click the three horizontal lines on the upper-left corner of your screen to minimize the anatomy explorer and maximize your view of the body.
Click on the grid icon next to the Search bar to open the Gallery menu , where you can quickly access all anatomy, health condition, community, and My Human content.
In the Gallery menu, you'll find:
- Anatomy: The full set of male or female gross anatomy.
- Health Conditions: Models of over 1,000 health conditions and treatments.
- Community: Models that members of the BioDigital community have customized and shared.
- My Human: Your personal library of saved anatomy and conditions. If you're part of a group, your group's shared content can also be found here.
Select a keyword in the menu to open the Gallery, where you can browse extra-large tiles of your favorite content.
Once you're in the Gallery, you can:
- Click on a model's thumbnail to load it in the Human.
- Share or embed a model.
- Browse other models by clicking the Gallery menu again and selecting a different keyword.
- Click on the "X" in the upper-right corner of your screen to close it and return to the Human.
You can also use the Gallery menu to switch between the male and female anatomy. Open the Gallery menu and select Male Complete Anatomy or Female Complete Anatomy.
Use the Search bar at the top of your screen to search the BioDigital Human's entire database of anatomy and conditions, as well as customized models created by members of the BioDigital community.
Start typing in the Search bar, and relevant content will appear automatically in the window below. The results are divided into Anatomy, Conditions, and Community.