Looking for a way to make your PowerPoint decks more engaging? Incorporate 3D interactive models from the BioDigital Human right into your slides! You can interact with the 3D models during your presentation, and then share the slides with your students or colleagues so they can study them on their own.
To embed a BioDigital Human model into a PowerPoint presentation, make sure your system and version of PowerPoint meet the following requirements:
- Windows XP or later
- PowerPoint on Office 2007 Service Pack 3 or later
- OS X Yosemite or later
- PowerPoint on Office 2011 for Mac or later
- Keynote 5.3 or later
Next, you'll need to download and install a free add-in from the makers of Poll Everywhere called LiveSlides:
Embedding a 3D Interactive Model into Your PowerPoint Presentation
Now that LiveSlides has been downloaded and installed on your computer, embed a link from the BioDigital Human into your PowerPoint presentation by taking the following steps:
- Launch the LiveSlides application on your computer.
- Open a new or existing PowerPoint presentation.
- Copy your BioDigital Human link from your Dashboard (instructions here).
- Paste the URL into the LiveSlides dialog and click Insert.
- A placeholder image will now appear in your slide.
- Resize the LiveSlides placeholder image as needed, and add text and other images to the slide. (Copying the LiveSlides placeholder image to another slide will not work.)
- In the top menu, go to Slide Show and start your slide show From Beginning or From Current Slide.
- The LiveSlides placeholder image will turn into a fully interactive model from the BioDigital Human.
Note: If you plan to share your PowerPoint presentation, the recipient(s) will need to download LiveSlides onto their computer in order to activate your BioDigital Human content. They will also need to be connected to the internet while viewing. (Source: https://www.liveslides.com/faq)