Editing and saving ready-made tours from the BioDigital Human Library is not currently supported. However, you can:
- Add ready-made tours to your Dashboard and embed them without making any changes.
- Build your own customized version of a ready-made tour with the Create a Tour tool.
If you find a tour in the BioDigital Human Library that you would like to embed and you don’t want to make any changes, you'll first need to add it to your Personal Dashboard and then embed it from there. Here’s how:
1. In Explore, find the tour you want to embed.
2. Hover over the tour’s tile until three buttons appear.
3. Select the to add the model to your Dashboard.
4. Open your Dashboard and use the toggle in the upper-left corner to open your Personal folder.
5. Find the tour you just added, and hover over its tile until three buttons appear.
6. Now you can embed the tour directly from your Dashboard (you cannot embed it from the 3D view):*
a. Click on the Embed button to open the Embed 3D Model window.
b. Copy the Embed Code and paste into into your website's HTML.
*These instructions can also be found in Embed a model into my website.
If you find a tour in the BioDigital Human Library that you would like to embed but you want to make changes to it first, you can build your own customized version.
The "building blocks," or individual chapters, of most of our ready-made tours are available in the Library as well, and you can join them together using the Create a Tour tool. For example, for every cancer tour available in the Library, each of the individual stages (e.g., Stage 0, I, II, III) is also available as a separate model.
To build a customized version of a ready-made tour:*
1. In Explore, find the model you’d like to be “chapter 1” in your tour.
2. Click on the model’s tile to load it in 3D.
3. Click Customize 3D Model in the sidebar to open the Customization Toolbar.
4. Select Create a Tour . The tour builder will appear at the bottom of your screen.
5. Customize the model as needed, and then click Add Chapter to add it to your tour.
6. Give your chapter a custom title and description. (As soon as you open the tour builder, the description panel switches to edit mode.)
7. When you're finished adding your custom title and description, click Save Chapter.
8. Click on the in the upper-right corner of your screen to return to your homepage. (Don’t worry – you’re still in tour-builder mode!)
9. In Explore, find the model you’d like to be “chapter 2” in your tour.
10. Click on the model’s tile to load it in 3D.
11. Repeat steps 5-10 above until you finish adding all of the chapters in your tour.
12. When you’re finished, click Save Tour on the right. Your tour will be saved in your Dashboard.
*A version of these instructions can also be found in Create a 3D interactive tour.