All labels in the BioDigital Human can be edited. Whether the label was built into the model or you added the label yourself, you have the ability to change both 1) the text itself and 2) what happens when the end user clicks or taps the label.
Edit a label
To edit a label, take the following steps:
- Open your model in Human Studio if you have not already: In either Explore or My Library, hover over the model and select Customize in Studio at the bottom of the model's tile.
- Select the label you want to edit in one of two ways:
- Click the label in the 3D model. This will open the label’s information in the Labels panel on the right side of your screen.
- Select the label you want to edit directly from the Labels panel on the right side of your screen, where all of your labels will be listed.
- For each label, you can edit its Content, Style, and Actions. Skip to label customization options for more details on each.
- When you are finished making edits to your labels, make sure you save your changes.
Label customization options
The customization options available for each label in Human Studio are separated into three tabs: Content, Style, and Actions. See below more information each the functionality available in each.
In the Content tab, you can modify the text that will appear in the label tag, and you can add a description, image, and/or video to complement your label.
- Title: This is the primary text that will appear in your label. By default, the title field is the name of the anatomical structure your label is attached to.
- Description: This is an optional text field that, when filled, will appear. below the title in your label. You have the option to hide or show the description on load.
In the Style tab, you can modify the the appearance of your label, including the theme, pin style, and leader line.
- Label Theme: Switch from the default Light theme to Dark.
- Label Pin: Switch from the default Plus / Minus pin to a plain Circle pin.
- Label Type: Switch from the default Leader Line style to Floating, and decide whether you want your label tag to appear on the left or right side of the pin.
- Make Pin Glow: Add a flickering “glow” to your button to encourage the user to click it.
In the Actions tab, you can modify how the label and the content it contains appear when the model first loads and how it changes when the user clicks the label.
- Hide all content: Hide/collapse the label description, image, and/or video when the model loads. (Then you can show/expand it when the user clicks!)
- Show all content: If you have decided to hide your label description, image, and/or video on load, you can set this content to appear when the user clicks on the label.
- Zoom label: When the user clicks on the label, you can either disable the default zoom-in function entirely, or zoom in on a fixed position of your choosing.
To zoom to a fixed position, take the following steps:
- In the drop-down menu, switch from from Zoom to label structure to Zoom to fixed position.
- Use your mouse, keyboard, or 3D controls to reposition the model. (When the user clicks on the label, the model will zoom in to this exact position.)
- Click Mark Position.