Human Studio & Human Viewer Updates
Web accessibility enhancements
We've made a long list of updates to the Human Viewer to create a more accessible experience for all learners in conformance with W3C's Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG). With the exception of a handful of updates that will be released in the coming weeks, the Human Viewer is now in full conformance with WCAG 2.1 Levels A and AA.*
Key enhancement introduced with this release are as follows:
- Support has been added for tab indexing to enable users navigate the user interface (UI) with a keyboard. The UI will now focus on each UI element when you select the “tab” key.
- All major UI elements are now readable by any standard screen reader.
- All major features are now accessible with a keyboard. To see a full list of keyboard shortcuts:
- Click More Options in the lower-right corner of the Viewer.
- Select Help.
- Select Keyboard Shortcuts.
- Style updates were made to various UI elements, including:
- Larger, bolder tool icons
- More descriptive tooltips
- Increased contrast for selected states
*Details on how the Viewer meets each of the WCAG success criteria can be found in our BioDigital Accessibility Conformance Report.
You can now undo and redo virtually any change you make to a 3D model in Human Studio and the Human Viewer! Previously limited to the "Hide" tool in both products, our now-global Undo and Redo buttons can be used on any of the following actions during a given user session:
- Show or hide a structure (using any of the options in the Anatomy Tree or the Hide tool)
- Add a new label
- Edit a label
- Reposition a label
- Remove a label
- Paint a structure (using either method)
- Fade a structure (using the Anatomy Tree)
- Isolate a structure (using the Anatomy Tree)
- Show or hide a structure (using any of the options in Search or the Hide tool)
- Fade a structure
- Isolate a structure (using any of the options in Search or the advanced actions available from the built-in structure name)
In Human Studio, the Undo and Redo buttons are available from the main toolbar at the top of the page.
In the Human Viewer, the Undo and Redo buttons are available from the Explore Tools.
As an alternative in both products, the learner can use the following keyboard shortcuts:
Ctrl+Y or Ctrl+Shift+Z
Command+Y or Command+Shift+Z
New 2D image publishing options
When you publish a 2D image of a model, you now have more options for a wider variety of uses, including print.
- Under Size, you can now choose between pixels and inches depending on where you will be using your images. Use pixels for digital applications and inches for print. All images published in inches are published at print-standard quality – 300 dpi.
- Once you've chosen a size, you can now download your image as either a JPEG (smallest file size, best for most uses) or a PNG (highest quality, best for print and offline use).
- All labels and the "powered by BioDigital" logo now scale up or down with your image size for better visibility.
Please sign in to leave a comment.