Web App & Studio Updates
We've made several design upgrades to the Dashboard and Explore pages so that they are easier to navigate on any device:
- New homepage
- "All Models" view in Explore
- Responsive design
- New side navigation menu
- New model categories in Explore
- Updated search and filters
- Dashboard search
- Faster page loading
- Deep linking
- Model counts in Explore and Dashboard
We've introduced a brand-new homepage, where you can quickly search for a topic or skip to a 3D model category. Whatever page you're on in the app, clicking the BioDigital "B" in the upper-left corner will now take you back to this homepage.
"All Models" view in Explore
We've added a new section to Explore called All Models, which provides a comprehensive list of our entire 3D model library. When you sort by "Most Recent," you can now view all of the models that have recently been added to our library. Never miss out on our latest content again!
The Dashboard and Explore pages are now fully responsive, making them accessible on mobile devices and smaller screens.
When the browser viewport is <960px wide, both pages – as well as your language settings and Help – can be accessed from a collapsible main menu in the upper-left corner. Human Studio, Publish, and the Manage option in your Dashboard are still only available at ≥960px.
New side navigation menu
The Explore dropdown menu has been replaced by a fixed side navigation menu that remains on the screen while you browse and search so you can quickly jump from one category to another.
You'll see the same sidebar in the Import Chapter tool in Studio.
If you are a member of a team, you will also see a sidebar in your Dashboard, where you can access My Models, Team Models, and if your team uses them, your collections.
New model categories in Explore
The categories in Explore used to be based on body systems, like Blood, Heart, and Circulation and Kidneys and Urinary System. Our 3D model library is now organized into clinical specialties, such as Cardiology, Dermatology, Nephrology, and Oncology & Hematology. This new organizational system is designed to make it easier for educators and students alike to locate models of interest, as well as to give a "home" to topics that are not specific to one system, like cancer, pediatrics, and rheumatology.
We've also introduced a new Cross Sections & Micro Anatomy category, where you'll find a comprehensive set of gross- and tissue-level anatomical cross sections.
Available categories are now as follows:
- Anatomy by Regions
- Anatomy by Systems
- Complete Anatomy (Male and Female)
- Cross Sections & Micro Anatomy
- Allergy & Immunology
- Gastroenterology & Hepatology
- Infectious Disease
- Neurology & Psychiatry
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Oncology & Hematology
- Pulmonology & Respiratory
- Community Bookmarks (models created by members of the BioDigital community)
Updated search and filters
We've made two updates to Explore that will help you find relevant models more quickly:
- Search within categories. In addition to searching across the entire 3D model library ("All Models"), you can now search within each category, providing you with fewer total results to sort through and a higher rate of relevant results. For example, if you're looking for an infectious disease that affects the lungs, you can go to Infectious Diseases and search "lung."
- Refine your results with filters. Two new filters ("Type" and "Level of Detail") will help you narrow down your results as you browse or search within All Models or a specific category like Orthopedics. Use one at a time or combine them to further refine your results.
- Level of Detail:
Your Dashboard is now searchable! Use the new search feature in My Models, All Team Models, or individual collections to find models you or your fellow team members have previously saved. Your search will look for matches in the model title.
Faster page loading
We've made significant performance improvements behind the scenes that will reduce the time it takes for models to load in your Dashboard and Explore.
For example, if you search the term "flexion" in the Orthopedics category, you'll see the URL in your address bar is https://human.biodigital.com/results/modules?categoryId=Orthopedics&query=flexion&type=Category. You can now copy and paste this URL into an email or message to a colleague, and your colleague will be able to view the same search results from their account. Please note that opening an app link still requires a user account, and Dashboard pages can only be viewed by members of the same team.
Model counts in Explore and Dashboard
When you select a category in Explore or collection in your Dashboard, the total number of models available in that category or collection now appears in the upper-right corner.