If inviting members to your team via email is not an option for you, or if there are simply too many people to invite, consider granting access to your team using your unique team invite code or team invite link, which you can share via email, messaging app, or any private communication channel of your choosing.
About team invite codes and links
Every team comes with a unique team invite code and team invite link that can be used to join your team as a new member. Team invite codes and links are available on the Team page to Administrators only.
The primary difference between the two access methods is that team invite codes can only be used by existing users (that is, users who have already created a free user account). Meanwhile, team invite links can be used by both new and existing users.
Team invite code (existing users only)
In order to use a team invite code, the user must first log in to their existing BioDigital Human account. Then they can enter the code on the Team page. Taking this step adds their existing user account to your team with your team's default member role.
Users can find step-by-step instructions for using an invite code to join a team in Join an existing team.
Team invite link (new & existing users)
Unlike team invite codes, a team invite link does not require users to have an existing BioDigital Human account and can therefore be used by both new users and existing users.
When clicked, your team invite link takes you to a unique registration page for your team that says, "Join the [Organization Name] team" at the top.
- New users are prompted to sign up for a new user account. As shown above, the team invite code is pre-populated in the signup form, so by signing up on this page, the user is automatically added to your team with your team's default member role.
- Existing users can click "Already have an account? Sign in" at the bottom of the page and then log in with their existing login credentials. Taking this step adds their existing user account to your team with your team's default member role.
Note: Team members who join your team via your team invite code or link are automatically assigned your team's default member role, which is usually Creator. To switch your default setting, see Change my team's default member role.
How to access your team invite code and link
To copy your team invite code or link, take the following steps:
- Log in to your account and click the profile icon in the upper-right corner of the page.
- Select Team from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Manage button at the top of the page.
- In the Manage Team window, select the Team Access tab.
- Under "Team Invite Code and Link," click Copy Code next to your team invite code and/or Copy Link next to your team invite link to copy it to your browser's clipboard.
- Paste your code or link into an email or internal communication platform of your choosing.
Tip: Instructions for end users can be found in Join an existing team. Consider linking to this article when you share your team invite code or link.
Warning: Anyone with your invite code or link can join your team, so share it wisely and do not post it publicly.