About default member roles
When a new member is added to your team, they are automatically assigned your team's default member role, unless you select a different role when inviting them via email.
The default member role for most teams is Creator, which enables the team member to take the following actions, among others:
- View and interact with models in Explore and in the "Team" section of My Library
- View and search a list of active team members on the Team page
- Save models from Explore to the "Team" section of My Library
- Customize models in Human Studio
- Publish models from My Library
How to change your team's default member role
To change your team's default member role from Creator to Viewer (or vice versa), take these steps:
- Log in to your account and click the profile icon in the upper-right corner of the page.
- Select Team from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Manage button at the top of the page.
- In the Manage Team window, select the Team Access tab.
- Select a new role from the drop-down menu under Default Member Role. Your selection will be auto-saved.
For a complete list of permissions by team member role, see About team member roles and permissions.