The Quiz Builder is a new authoring tool in Human Studio that enables you to create interactive, virtual quizzes using 3D models from our Human Library or models you have already saved to My Library. These quizzes can then be embedded into your LMS, website, or application and used in learning activities, knowledge checks, and even graded assessments. You can even teach and quiz using the same 3D model.
To build a 3D quiz, you will need to:
- Open a model in Human Studio
- Enable Quiz mode
- Add quiz questions
- (Optional) Configure your quiz settings
- Save your quiz
1. Open a model in Human Studio
To build a quiz, first you will need to open a model in Human Studio:
- In Explore or My Library, browse or search to find a model that you would like to use as the basis for your quiz.
- Hover over the model's tile and click Customize in Studio in the upper-right corner of the model's tile.
2. Enable Quiz mode
First, navigate to the Chapters panel on the left side of the page and click on the chapter you want to add a quiz question to. If your model only has one chapter, this chapter will already be selected in the Chapters panel.
Next, select Quiz from the toolbar at the top of your screen to enable Quiz mode.
3. Add quiz questions
Create your first question:
Now that you have enabled Quiz mode, you are ready to start adding quiz questions. To add a new question, click Add Question in the Quiz panel on the right side of your screen.
For step-by-step instructions on how to build each question type, select an option below:
Create additional questions:
To add another question to the current chapter, scroll down in the Quiz panel and click Add Question again.
To add a quiz question to a different chapter, return to the Chapters panel on the left side of the page and click on the chapter you want to add your new question to.
Preview a question:
If you would like to preview your quiz question at any point in the quiz-building process, click on the More Options button next to the question in the Quiz panel and select Preview Question from the drop-down menu.
Remove a question:
To remove a question, click on the More Options button next to the question in the Quiz panel and select Remove from the drop-down menu.
4. (Optional) Configure your quiz settings
Every quiz comes with advanced settings that control how the quiz will be presented to the quiz taker, such as a summary page and progress indicator. All of these settings are enabled by default, and most of the time you won't need to — and should not — touch these settings at all.
However, there are some circumstances in which you may want to disable one or more of these settings. To learn more about what each setting controls and when we recommend disabling them, see Configure my quiz settings.
5. Save your quiz
When you are finished building your quiz, save it to My Library as part of your model or tour:
- Click in the lower-right corner of the page.
- In the pop-up window, make sure you are happy with the title of your model. If not, make your changes now. Note: Your quiz and your model are one and the same, so you do not need to save your quiz with a separate name.
- (Optional - Team members only) If you belong to a Team, you will have additional team sharing options available in this pop-up window.
- Click Save. Your quiz is now accessible from My Library.
For more on saving, see How do I save a model to My Library?
Once your quiz is saved, you can:
- Preview the quiz from the quiz taker's perspective
- Publish the quiz so you can embed it into your LMS, website, or application
Please sign in to leave a comment.