The Quiz Builder is an authoring tool within Human Studio that enables you to create interactive, virtual quizzes using 3D models from our Human Library or models you have already saved to My Library. These quizzes can then be embedded into your LMS, website, or application and used in learning activities, knowledge checks, and even graded assessments. You can even teach and quiz using the same 3D model.
Start building your own 3D quizzes by taking the steps below.
1. Open a model in Human Studio
To build a quiz, first you will need to open a model in Human Studio:
- In Explore or My Library, browse or search to find a model that you would like to use as the basis for your quiz.
- Hover over the model's tile and click the Customize in Studio button at the bottom of the model's tile.
2. Enable Quiz mode
Next, you will need to enable Quiz mode for a chapter:
- Navigate to the Chapters panel on the left side of the page and click on the chapter you want to add a quiz question to. If your model only has one chapter, this chapter will already be selected in the Chapters panel.
- Next, select the Quiz button from the toolbar at the top of your screen to enable Quiz mode.
3. Add quiz questions
Create your first question
Now that you have enabled Quiz mode, you are ready to start adding quiz questions. To add a new question, click Add Question in the Quiz panel on the right side of your screen.
For step-by-step instructions on how to build each question type, select an option below:
Create additional questions
To add another question to the current chapter, scroll down in the Quiz panel and click Add Question again.
To add a quiz question to a different chapter, return to the Chapters panel on the left side of the page and click on the chapter you want to add your new question to.
Preview a question
If you would like to preview your quiz question at any point in the quiz-building process, click on the More Options button next to the question in the Quiz panel and select Preview Question from the drop-down menu.
Remove a question
To remove a question, click on the More Options button next to the question in the Quiz panel and select Remove from the drop-down menu.
4. Configure the quiz-taker experience
Once you have added one or more quiz questions to a model or tour in Human Studio, you can choose from one of three View Modes to control the level of quiz access the learner will have in the in-app or published experience. Learn about each in Understanding "view modes" for 3D quizzes, and see how view modes impact the quiz-taker experience in 3 ways to publish a 3D quiz.
In addition, every quiz comes with advanced settings that control how the quiz will be presented to the quiz taker, such as a summary page and progress indicator.
Warning: These settings enable key components of your quiz to work as expected, and modifying them could result in a broken or incomplete quiz experience. If you must modify them, please proceed with caution.
However, there are some circumstances in which you may want to disable one or more of these settings. To learn more about what each setting controls and when we recommend disabling them, see Configure my quiz settings.
5. Save your quiz
When you are finished building your quiz, take the following steps to save it to My Library as part of your model or tour:
- Click Save in the lower-right corner of the page.
- In the pop-up window, make sure you are happy with the model title. If not, make your changes now.
- If you belong to a Team, you can modify your content permissions in this pop-up window as well.
- Click Save.
Once your quiz is saved, it can be accessed from My Library or published for use outside the app (see next step).
Optional: Publish your quiz
If you are planning to integrate your quiz into a course, website, LMS, or application, you can now follow the steps listed in Publish a 3D model to publish your quiz as an embed code or direct link. Before you do, however, we recommend reviewing 3 ways to publish a 3D quiz to understand how the view mode you selected in step 4 and your selections in the Publish tool will impact the experience for your quiz takers.