- Anatomy: Structures that together form the human body. See anatomical structure.
- Anatomy Tree: An interactive, expandable list of all of the anatomical structures that make up the 3D model. Related article: What is the Anatomy Tree?
- Anatomical Structure: The smallest unit of anatomy in a given 3D model that can be selected and customized. Related article: Use the Anatomy Tree to search for specific anatomical structures
- "Animated": A tag that indicates that a model contains one or more structures or elements in motion. You will see this tag on select models in the Human Library.
- Capture: A function that enables you to save the current position of your model as your new starting position. Related article: How do I update my model's starting position?
- Chapter: The building block of a tour. Multiple chapters make up a tour. Related article: Create a tour
- Collections: Folders that enable teams to organize saved models within My Library. Collections can be designed to match your team's unique workflow; organize your models by project stage, team, course title, body region, or whatever makes your life easier. Related article: Organize my saved models
- Dashboard: Now called "My Library."
- Edit: Can refer to customizing a model from the Human Library, or modifying a model you've already saved to My Library. To edit a model, open it in Human Studio. Related articles: How do I edit a model I've saved to My Library?, Customize 3D models in Human Studio
- Embed: Integrate a 3D model from the BioDigital Human into your website or application via the Human Viewer. Related article: Publish a 3D model for my website
- Explore: Another name for the Human Library, where you'll find hundreds of 3D anatomy, physiology, health condition, and treatment models. Related article: What is the Human Library?
- Hide: Remove an anatomical structure from view. Related article: Use the Anatomy Tree to customize anatomical structures
- Human Library: Found in "Explore," a collection of hundreds of interactive, 3D human anatomy, physiology, health condition, and procedure models. Related article: What is the Human Library?
- Human Studio: A suite of authoring tools in the BioDigital Human web app that enable you to create customized 3D interactive views of anatomy and health conditions tailored to your educational goals. Related article: Customize 3D models in Human Studio
- Human Viewer: A small application of the BioDigital Human that can be installed and executed, or “embedded,” within a webpage – no login needed. Related articles: Publish a 3D model for my website, Which format should I choose when I publish my 3D model?, November 2019 release notes
- Label: An interactive tag that can be applied to a 3D model to provide more information to the learner. Related article: Add a new label to a model
- My Library: Your personal library of saved models in the BioDigital Human. Related article: What is My Library?
- Paint: A feature that enables you to apply colors and visual effects to an anatomical structure or group of structures in your 3D model. Related article: Paint a model
- Premium: A subscription plan designed for individual users that gives you access to the full Human Library (found under "Explore") and enables you to save an unlimited number of models to My Library. Related article: What do I get when I upgrade to Premium?
- If you’re a business or academic institution that wishes to use the BioDigital platform for your audience, contact our sales team to learn more about our business plans.
- Private Models: (Formerly "My Models") A section in My Library where any models you have saved from Explore are stored. Related article: How do I save a model to My Library?
- Publish: Export a 3D model so you can integrate it into your website, app, or education materials. You can publish your model as an iframe, which can be embedded directly into a website; a URL, which can be loaded by itself in any browser; or a 2D image, which can be incorporated into slides or printed materials. Related articles: Publish a 3D model for my website, Publish a 2D image of a model
- Save: Can refer to adding a model from Explore to My Library for future use, or updating a model that's already stored in My Library. Related articles: How do I save a model to My Library?, How do I edit a model I've saved to My Library?
- Save As: An option available in Human Studio that enables you to save a new version of a model you or a fellow team member has already saved to My Library. If you make changes to a My Library model and click Save, your changes will be saved to the existing model. If you make changes to a My Library model, click Save As, and give it a new name, your changes will only apply to the new model; they will not be saved to the original model. Related articles: How do I save a model to My Library?, How do I edit a model I've saved to My Library?
- Select: Use your mouse or trackpad to click on a structure. When a structure is selected, it turns yellow. Related article: How do I navigate in 3D space?
- Starting position: This refers to how the model is positioned in 3D space when the viewer enters a chapter. The starting position can be modified in Human Studio. Related article: How do I update my model's starting position?
- Structure: The shortened form of anatomical structure.
- Team Models: Models that you or other members of your team saved to My Library and chose to share with the rest of the team. Any models you originally saved will also be stored in Private Models. Related article: How do I share a model with my team?
- Thumbnail: A 2D preview of a 3D model or chapter. Each chapter has a thumbnail image associated with it (though these can be modified in Human Studio), and these images appear in the Chapter List in the Human Viewer. The first chapter thumbnail also appears in My Library or Explore in the web app. Related articles: Customize 3D models in Human Studio, How do I update my model's starting position?
- Tour: An embeddable slideshow of 3D interactive anatomy or health conditions. Related article: What is a tour?
- URL: A link to a 3D model that can be loaded by itself in a browser. Related article: Publish a 3D model for my website
- View: Preview a 3D model as the learner will see it once it is published. Click on any model in Explore or My Library to open it in View mode. Related article: What is the Human Library?
- Viewer: The shortened form of Human Viewer.
- Widget: Now called the "Human Viewer."